1. Buy Capegard 500mg Online
Capegard 500 mg Tablet is an anticancer medicine which is used in the treatment of colorectal and breast cancer.
It should be used only under the supervision of a qualified healthcare professional. It may cause severe liver and kidney injury if taken in high quantities.
Close monitoring of blood cell count is necessary while receiving this medicine.
2. How To Capegard 500mg Work?
Capegard tablets 500mg contain capecitabine, an oral chemotherapeutic drug belonging to the fluoropyrimidine group of drugs that is used to treat a variety of cancers.
Capecitabine itself is not toxic but is a precursor of 5-fluorouracil (5-FU), a cytotoxic metabolite that is activated by specific enzymes that exist in normal cells but in higher levels in cancer cells, thereby producing more 5-FU at the tumour site than in normal cells.
Capecitabine in Capegard 500 is an antimetabolite, which means that once metabolised, 5-FU is incorporated into newly synthesised nuclear material and causes metabolic errors that interfere with normal processing of DNA and RNA.
Also 5-FU binds to an important enzyme in the formation of an essential component of DNA, which inhibits the synthesis of DNA.
Both mechanisms contribute to the cytotoxic action of Capegard 500 that causes inhibition of cell growth and ultimately cell death of the cancer cells.
Since capecitabine in Capegard 500 is a tumour-activated and tumour-selective cytotoxic drug it targets rapidly growing tumour cells and has reduced effect on normal cells.
3. What is Capegard 500mg Tablet?
Capegard 500Mg Tablet is a drug used for treating cancer. Capegard 500Mg Tablet is an anti-metabolite used for chemotherapy for treating patients suffering from various cancers. Capegard 500Mg Tablet is used for treating breast, colon or rectal, pancreatic, gastric, ovarian, oesophageal. It comes as a pill, which is consumed after having food.
Common side effects include headache, weakness, pain¸ rashes, itching, diarrhea, fatigue, etc. It can also lead to serious side effects such as heart or kidney problems, low blood cell count and allergies. Women who are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant and breastfeeding mothers should inform their doctor before usage.
It should be avoided with antacids. People who are on health supplements or have been prescribed blood thinners should avoid its usage. People with heart or kidney issues should also refrain from taking this medicine as it can alleviate their condition.
Seek immediate medical attention in case you notice any of the following symptoms- Constipation, Mouth sores or ulcers, bruising, Vomiting, abdominal or stomach pain swelling of the palms or bottoms of the feet.
4. Side Effects of Capegard 500mg
- Abdominal pain
- Hair loss
- Low white blood cell count
- Blurred vision
- Dry mouth
- Increased sensitivity of the skin to sunlight
- Muscle or joint pain
- Loss of appetite
- Bone pain
5. Warning of Capegard 500mg tablet
- Pregnancy - This medicine is not recommended for use in pregnant women.
- Breast-feeding - This medicine is not recommended for use in breastfeeding women except in life-threatening conditions. Your doctor may advise you to discontinue breastfeeding or to discontinue the medicine based on your clinical condition.
- Effect on blood - Capegard 500 mg Tablet may reduce the number of white blood cells (neutrophils) and platelets. This may make the patients more prone to catch an infection. Close monitoring of blood cell count is necessary while receiving this medicine. The baseline of the blood cell count should be obtained before initiation of the treatment. Do not start the treatment if the counts are less than the normal value.
- Diarrhea and Dehydration - Capegard 500 mg Tablet may cause severe diarrhea which causes electrolytes loss and increases the risk of dehydration and kidney injury. Close monitoring of kidney function is necessary while receiving this medicine. If symptoms of diarrhea get worse, the treatment should be discontinued and a suitable anti-diarrheal treatment should be initiated.
- Skin reactions - This medicine may cause severe skin reactions like Stevens-Johnson Syndrome and Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis (TEN). Inform the doctor immediately if any symptoms of skin rashes and itching appear. In patients with severe skin reactions, treatment with this medicine should be discontinued and an alternative medicine should be given.
- Infections - The chances of infections are more in patients receiving this medicine. Hold the treatment with this medicine and start with broad-spectrum antibiotics if there are any signs and symptoms of infection like a fever or a sore throat. Close monitoring of the body temperature and the blood cell count is necessary while receiving this medicine.
6. Precaution of Capegard 500mg tablet
Do not take Capecitabine if you are pregnant or planning to have a baby soon. If you are pregnant or if you become pregnant while being treated with Capecitabine, alert your doctor immediately.
Capecitabine may cause harm to your unborn child. Both men and women must use proven birth control methods while being treated with Capecitabine. You may wish to discuss birth control methods with your doctor.
Alert your doctor if you are breastfeeding. Do not breastfeed while you are being treated with Capecitabine. Alert your doctor immediately if you ever had an allergic reaction with another cancer medicine called 5-fluorouracil (5-FU). Capecitabine may not be suitable for you if you ever had an allergic reaction to 5-fluorouracil (5-FU).
Alert your doctor if you have been told that your body does not have the enzyme DPD (dihydropyridimidine dehydrogenase).
7. Capegard 500mg Dosage
If you miss a dose of Capegard 500 take it as soon as you remember, unless it is time to take the next dose, then skip the missed dose. Do not take a double dose.
8. Uses of Capegard 500mg
Colorectal Cancer. Capegard 500 mg Tablet is used in the treatment of Dukes’ stage C colon cancer and metastatic colorectal carcinoma.
Breast cancer. Capegard 500 mg Tablet is used alone or in combination with other medicines in the treatment of breast cancer.
Also used in ovarian cancer, head and neck cancer, cervical cancer, testicular cancer, non-hodgkin lymphoma (nhl), blood cancer, lung cancer, bone cancer, urinary bladder cancer.
9. Storage of Capegard 500mg
Store it at room temperature 25oC.