My Cart

0 Item(s): $0.00

You have no items in your shopping cart.

Carboxymethylcellulose Sodium

Carboxymethylcellulose Sodium

Description

Carboxymethylcellulose is used to relieve dry, irritated eyes. It keeps the eye moist, protects it from infection and injury, and decreases dry eyes symptoms such as itching, burning, and feeling as if something is in the eye.

Uses

This medication is used to relieve dry, irritated eyes. Common causes for dry eyes include wind, sun, heating/air conditioning, computer use/reading, and certain medications.

This product may contain 1 or more of the following ingredients: carboxymethylcellulose, dextran, glycerin, hypromellose, polyethylene glycol 400 (PEG 400), polysorbate, polyvinyl alcohol, povidone, or propylene glycol, among others.

Eye lubricants keep the eye moist, help to protect the eye from injury and infection, and decrease symptoms of dry eyes such as burning, itching, and feeling as if something is in the eye.

How to use Carboxymethylcellulose Sodium Drops

Follow all directions on the product package. If you are uncertain about any of the information, consult your doctor or pharmacist. Do not use a solution that has changed color or is cloudy. Certain brands (containing glycerin with polysorbates, among other ingredients) may have a milky appearance. This is okay as long as the solution does not change color. Some eye drops need to be shaken before use. Check the label to see if you should shake your product before using.

Usually, drops may be used as often as needed. Ointments are usually used 1 to 2 times daily as needed. If using an ointment once a day, it may be best to use it at bedtime.

Side effect

  • Allergic reaction
  • Blurred vision
  • Eye discharge
  • Eye irritation
  • Eye itching
  • Eye pain
  • Foreign body sensation in eyes
  • Increased production of tears
  • Eye redness
  • Visual impairment.’

Precautions

Before using this product, tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are allergic to it; or if you have any other allergies. This product may contain inactive ingredients, which can cause allergic reactions or other problems. Talk to your pharmacist for more details.

If you have any health problems, consult your doctor or pharmacist before using this product.

This product (especially ointments) may temporarily cause blurred vision right after being placed in the eye(s). Do not drive, use machinery, or do any activity that requires clear vision until you are sure you can perform such activities safely.

Overdose

This medicine may be harmful if swallowed. If someone has overdosed and has serious symptoms such as passing out or trouble breathing, call 911. Otherwise, call a poison control center right away. US residents can call their local poison control center at 1-800-222-1222. Canada residents can call a provincial poison control center.

Loading...