1. Buy Norflox Eye Drop Online
Norflox Eye Drops is used for eye infection, Urinary tract infections, Sexually transmitted disease, Reproductive organ infection, Prostate infection, Stomach infection, Intestinal infections, Typhoid fever bacterial infections and other conditions. Norflox Eye Drops may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
Norflox Eye Drops contains Norfloxacin as an active ingredient.
Norflox Eye Drops works by inhibiting bacterial reproduction.
Cipla manufactures Norflox Eye Drops.
Detailed information related to Norflox Eye Drops's uses, composition, dosage, side effects and reviews is listed below.
2. How To Norflox Eye Drop Work?
Norflox 0.30% Eye Drops is an antibiotic. It kills bacteria by preventing them from reproducing and repairing themselves. This treats your infection.
3. How To Take Norflox Eye Drop?
This medicine is for external use only.Take it in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Check the label for directions before use. Hold the dropper close to the eye without touching it. Gently squeeze the dropper and place the medicine inside the lower eyelid or ear. Wipe off extra liquid.
4. Drug interaction of Norflox Eye Drop
Specific drug interaction studies have not been conducted with norfloxacin ophthalmicsolution.
However, the systemic administration of norfloxacin has shown the following interactions which should be kept in mind while using the ophthalmic solution.
- Use of fluoroquinolones including norfloxacin can lead to increase in plasma levels of theophylline when used concurrently.
- Elevated serum levels of cyclosporine have been reported with concomitant use of cyclosporine with norfloxacin.
- Quinolones, including norfloxacin, may enhance the effects of oral anticoagulants, including warfarin or its derivatives or similar agents.
- Quinolones including norfloxacin when given with glyburide can rarely lead to severe hypoglycaemia.
- Like other fluoroquinolones norfloxacin inhibits CYP1A2 in vitro. When used with other drugs metabolized by CYP1A2 like caffeine, clozapine, ropinirole, tacrine, theophylline, tizanidine it may lead to increased substrate drug concentrations when given in normal doses.
- Norfloxacin can interfere with the metabolism of caffeine which may result in decreased clearance of caffeine and a prolongation of the plasma half-life.
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) and norfloxacin given together may enhance the risk of CNS stimulation and convulsive seizures.
5. Side Effects of Norflox Eye Drop
Some of the common side effects of the medicine include:
- Eye burning
- Blurred vision
- Eyelid itching
- Eyelid swelling
- Sensitivity to light
- Bad taste in your mouth
In case the side effect become serious get in touch with your doctor as soon as you can. This is not a complete list of side effects that may happen. There may be other side effects as well.
6. Warning of Norflox Eye Drop
Do not share the medicine with anyone even if the person is suffering from the same symptoms.
Use the medicine only for the purpose specified and not for any other purpose.
Store the medicine in a cool and dry pace away from heat, light and moisture.
Wash your hands properly before use.
Do not touch the tip of the medicine bottle because it may lead to contamination.
Wait at least 15 minutes after removing contact lenses and then apply the medicine.
The medicine may blur your vison. Hence it is best to avoid activity that require high alertness such as operating heavy machinery, driving etc.
Do not use another eye drop without the consultation of your doctor.
If the symptoms persist eiven after application of the medicine for substantial period of time then you must get in touch with your doctor again.
7. Precaution of Norflox Eye Drop
Before using Norflox Eye Drops, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side-effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition. Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
- Avoid consuming norfloxacin in patients with muscle weakness
- Avoid unnecessary exposure to sunlight or ultraviolet radiation
- Can increase nervousness, sleeplessness and heart pounding
- Consult your doctor if your skin become sensitive to sunlight and ultraviolet light
- Do not drive and operate heavy machinery
- Drink plenty of water after consuming norfloxacin
8. Norflox Eye Drop Dosage
How much to use the drug?
The drug is to be used in the prescribed quantity as mentioned by your doctor. The prescribed quantity is usually fixed by your doctor after examining you thoroughly. Usually 1 or 2 drops would be applied to the affected eyes 4 times daily for up to 7 days. The doses may however vary as per age, weight, severity of condition, response to treatment and drug interaction.
How to use the drug?
The drug needs to be used exactly as instructed by your doctor. Wash your hands properly before use. Open your contact lenses if you are wearing one wait for some time and then apply the eye drop. Be careful not to touch the tip of the medicine bottle.
For how long to use it?
The medicine is to be used for the entire prescribed period of time and should not be stopped in between as it may lead to adverse effect in the body.
Overdose of the medicine should be avoided at any cost as it may lead to several side effects. In case of overdose of the medicine you must get in touch with your doctor at the earliest.
In case of missed dose you must apply the medicine as soon as you remember provided there is sufficient gap between two doses. Never double dose to compensate for the missed dose.
9. Uses of Norflox Eye Drop
Norflox 0.30% Eye Drops is used in the treatment of bacterial infections. It is also used in infections of urinary tract, tonsils, sinus, nose, throat, female genital organ, skin and soft tissues, windpipe and lungs (pneumonia).
Norflox Eye Drops is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
- Eye and ear infection
- Urinary tract infections
- Sexually transmitted disease
- Reproductive organ infection
- Prostate infection
- Stomach infection
- Intestinal infections
- Typhoid fever bacterial infections
10. Storage of Norflox Eye Drop
Store norfloxacin ophthalmic at room temperature away from moisture and heat. Keep the bottle properly capped.
|Strength||0.3% (5 ml) Eye Drop|