1. Buy Geftistar 250mg Online
Geftistar Tablet is used for Treatment of metastatic non-small cell lung cancer in tumors with epidermal growth factor receptor exon 19 deletions or exon 21 substitution mutations and other conditions. Geftistar Tablet may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide. Geftistar Tablet contains Gefitinib as an active ingredient.
Geftistar Tablet works by blocking signalling of epidermal growth factor receptor dependent proliferation. Lupin manufactures Geftistar Tablet. Detailed information related to Geftistar Tablet's uses, composition, dosage, side effects and reviews is listed below.
Geftistar 250 mg Tablet is an anticancer medicine which is used in the treatment of cancer of the lungs. It should only be used under the supervision of a qualified physician. This medicine is not recommended for use in patients with lung and liver diseases.
Geftistar is a type of drug called a tyrosine kinase inhibitor (TKI), also known as a cancer growth inhibitor. Kinases are proteins in the body that regulate how the cells grow and divide. Geftistar blocks (inhibits) the protein from sending signals to the cancer cells that make them grow and divide.
2. What is Geftistar 250mg Tablet?
Geftistar 250mg Tablet helps to relieve the extreme pain and discomfort suffered by patients of breast or lung cancers. It slows down the production of cancer cells, thereby inhibiting the spread of the malignant tissues. It can be administered orally with or without food.
The dosage depends upon the medical history of the patient, health conditions and the response to the therapy.
The drug is contraindicated in patients who have suffered or are suffering from glaucoma, cardiac disorders, lungs or liver disorders or renal malfunctioning. Take proper medical help in case you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy any time soon or breastfeeding.
You must also inform the doctor of any other prescription drugs that you may be taking, such as hormonal pills as oral contraceptives, or any dietary supplements as Geftistar 250mg Tablet may interact with the other drugs and cause a number of health complications.
You must avoid alcohol consumption, smoking, tobacco or caffeine during the course of the treatment to avoid any further health complications. There may be a number of side effects such as headaches, blurred vision, some nausea, and some allergic rashes on the skin.
However there can be some adverse reactions as well. It is advised that even the slightest discomfort should be reported to the doctor immediately, in order to avoid complications.
3. Instruction for Geftistar 250mg
Take Geftistar 250 mg Tablet as instructed by the doctor. Do not consume larger quantities than prescribed. It should be used as prescribed by the doctor to prevent the spread of cancer to other parts of the body. Discontinue the treatment if any symptoms of allergic skin reactions appear.
4. Drug interaction of Geftistar 250mg
Interaction with Alcohol
- Description - Interaction with alcohol is unknown. It is advisable to consult your doctor before consumption.
- Instructions - Interaction with alcohol is unknown. It is advisable to consult your doctor before consumption.
Interaction with Medicine
If you take other drugs or over the counter products at the same time, the effects of Gefitinib may change. This may increase your risk for side effects or cause your drug not to work properly. Tell your doctor about all the drugs, vitamins, and herbal supplements you are using, so that you doctor can help you prevent or manage drug interactions.
5. Side Effects of Geftistar 250mg
- Loss of appetite
- Dry skin
- Stomatitis (Inflammation of the mouth)
- Skin reactions
- Nail disorders
- Decreased appetite
- Dry eye
6. Warning of Geftistar 250mg tablet
Pregnancy - This medicine is not recommended for use in pregnant women.
Breast-feeding - This medicine is not recommended for use in breastfeeding women unless absolutely necessary. If this medicine is prescribed, your doctor will advise you to discontinue breastfeeding.
Skin reactions - Patients receiving Geftistar 250 mg Tablet have experienced severe skin reactions like toxic epidermal necrolysis, Stevens Johnson syndrome, and erythema multiforme. Close monitoring of symptoms like change in color of the skin, skin rashes, itching, blistering, etc. is necessary while receiving this medicine. Any such symptoms should be reported to the doctor on priority. The treatment should be discontinued if these symptoms appear.
7. Precaution of Geftistar 250mg tablet
If you have an allergy to gefitinib or any other part of this drug. Tell your doctor if you are allergic to any drugs. Make sure to tell about the allergy and what signs you had. This includes telling about rash; hives; itching; shortness of breath; wheezing; cough; swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat; or any other signs. If you are pregnant or may be pregnant. If you are breast-feeding.
- Avoid concomitant use of this drug with proton pump inhibitors
- Contact doctor for new onset or worsening of pulmonary symptoms such as dyspnea, cough and fever
- Contact doctor for severe or persistent diarrhea
- Contact doctor if developping eye symptoms, lacrimation, light sensitivity, blurred vision, eye pain, red eye, or changes in vision
- Discontinue breast-feeding during treatment with this drug
- If treatment with a proton-pump inhibitor is required, take this drug 12 hours after the last dose or 12 hours before the next dose of the proton-pump inhibitor
- Monitor your liver function
- Patients taking warfarin should be monitored regularly for changes in prothrombin time or international normalized ratio
- Report any new symptoms indicating hepatic toxicity
- Risk of bullous and exfoliative skin disorders
8. Uses of Geftistar 250mg
Geftistar is used to treat some people with non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC). It only works for cancers that have an abnormal form of a protein called epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR). Tests are done on the cancer cells from a lung biopsy or previous surgery to check the level of EGFR.
9. Storage of Geftistar 250mg
Store medicines at room temperature, away from heat and direct light. Do not freeze medicines unless required by package insert. Keep medicines away from children and pets.
Do not flush medications down the toilet or pour them into drainage unless instructed to do so. Medication discarded in this manner may contaminate the environment. Please consult your pharmacist or doctor for more details on how to safely discard Geftistar Tablet.