1. Buy Alphalan 5mg Online
Alphalan 5mg Tablet is used to treat patients who have cancer. It has been known to increase the risk of developing other cancers.
This medicine could affect fertility in both men and women, and make it harder for them to have a child after treatment. Also, taking this medicine during pregnancy could possibly result in birth defects of the baby.
This medicine is to be taken by mouth, administered once in a day. Unless told otherwise by your doctor, drink plenty of fluids to prevent any side effects.
It may cause a severe decrease in your blood cell counts, which could lead to you developing anemia or bleeding problems, and lower the ability of your immune system to combat any infections.
The dosage prescribed by your doctor is on the basis of your medical condition and your response to treatment. Make sure that you do not overdose on this medicine.
This increases your chances of developing a serious infection, or of worsening a previously existing one. Immediately consult your doctor if you develop any unusual growths or lumps, persistent sore throat or fever or chills, any signs of infection, frequent and unusual bleeding and/or bruising, or unexplained fatigue or weakness.
2. What is Alphalan 5mg Tablet?
Alphalan (Melphalan) is used to treat multiple myeloma (a type of cancer of the bone marrow). It is also indicated to treat a certain type of ovarian cancer (cancer that begins in the female reproductive organs where eggs are formed).
3. How To Alphalan 5mg Work?
Melphalan belongs to the class of drugs called alkylating agents. This drug acts by inhibiting the synthesis of genetic material of a tumour cell. It also possesses cytotoxic action against both dividing and non-dividing tumour cells.
It sticks to one of the cancer cell's DNA strands. DNA is the genetic code that is in the nucleus of all animal and plant cells. It controls everything the cell does. The cell cannot then grow and divide into 5 new cells.
4. Side Effects of Alphalan 5mg
In addition to its intended effect, Alphalan 5mg Tablet may cause some unwanted effects too. In such cases, you must seek medical attention immediately. This is not an exhaustive list of side effects. Please inform your doctor if you experience any adverse reaction to the medication.
- Stomatitis (Inflammation of the mouth)
- Hair loss
- Reduced blood platelets
- Decreased white blood cell count.
5. Drug interaction of Alphalan 5mg
Drugs that interact with Melphalan include the following:
- Nalidixic Acid
This is not a comprehensive list of drug interactions. Consult your doctor to know more about other possible drug interactions.
6. Warning And Precaution of Alphalan 5mg tablet
- Avoid using the medicine if you are allergic to Melphalan or similar drugs.
- Be cautious while taking Melphalan if you have any kidney or liver impairment.
- Avoid Melphalan during pregnancy or breastfeeding because the safe use of the drug is unknown.
- Do not stop using the medication abruptly unless instructed by the doctor.
- Do not exceed the dose more than prescribed.
- Keep the medication out of reach of children.
You are advised not to take Melphalan if
- it has passed the expiry date of the medicine printed on the pack.
- the foil or packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering or there is discolouration.
7. Alphalan 5mg Dosage
If you miss a dose of Melphalan, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
8. Uses of Alphalan 5mg
Melphalan is used for the treatment of multiple myeloma and ovarian cancer.
Melphalan may also be prescribed for other conditions as determined by the doctor.
9. Storage of Alphalan 5mg
Patients must properly store the drug to retain its quality and efficacy. Following storage instructions will be helpful in storing the drug in the best of manner.
- Store Melphalan at 50° to 55°C (68° to 77°F)
- Keep Alphalan tablets in the original bottle with the label attached and the child-resistant cap secured.
- Consider storing your medications separately from your other family members. This will make it less likely that you take the wrong ones by mistake.
- Do not use it if the original seal over the container opening is broken or missing.
- Store it in a cool and dry place. Improper storage can affect the effectiveness and shelf life of your medicine.
- If you're driving, you may want to have certain medicines at hand, but don't store them in the glove compartment, where they could be damaged from the heat, cold, or rain outside or from the car's heater or air conditioner.