1. Accutane 20mg
Accutane 20mg is the active ingredient in a prescription drug available under the brand names Sortret, Zenatane, Myorisane, Claravis, Amnesteem, and Absorica.
Doctors prescribe isotretinoin to treat a severe form of acne called recalcitrant nodular or cystic acne. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) originally approved isotretinoin as the brand name Accutane in 1982. Hoffmann La Roche manufactured it.
Hoffmann La Roche stopped making Accutane in 2009, partly due to numerous class action lawsuits filed against the company for birth defects caused by the drug. In addition, plaintiffs' complaints included Crohn's disease, depression, suicide, and disabilities that caused them to miss work and lose wages.
2. How To Accutane 20mg Work?
Accutane 20mg Capsule works by slowing the production of certain natural substances that can cause acne.
3. What is Accutane 20mg Capsule?
One major side effect of Accutane 20mg is that it dries tissues, causing dry skin, cracked lips, dry mucous membranes, and dry scalp. It may thin hair or cause it to become dry, brittle, and fragile. This happens because isotretinoin slows down or blocks the production and secretion of the body's on own natural oils.
According to anecdotal reports, Accutane 20mg may not only thin hair on the head but also on the face, causing a loss of eyelashes and eyebrows. Some people may become bald. Although hair may regrow a few months after stopping isotretinoin, some people report that it took several years. Others say isotretinoin caused permanent hair loss.
4. How To Take Accutane 20mg Capsule?
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Accutane 20mg Capsule is to be taken with food.
5. Instruction for Accutane 20mg
Take Accutane 20mg Capsule as instructed by the doctor. Follow all the directions mentioned on the label. Do not take in larger or smaller quantities than prescribed. This medicine should be taken with food. The symptoms might get worse in the initial phase of treatment.
6. Drug interaction of Accutane 20mg
- Ethinyl Estradiol
- Natural Micronised Progesterone
7. Side Effects of Accutane 20mg
- Changes in nail and skin texture
- Hair thinning and breakage
- Dry mouth, nose, ears, throat, and anus
- High triglycerides
- Weight loss
- Bone softening or brittleness or other bone disorders
- Inflammation of liver or pancreas
- Cataracts or other vision changes
- Depression and suicide
8. Warning of Accutane 20mg Capsule
The FDA has issued two black-box warnings for isotretinoin.
One requires anyone taking it comply with the iPLEDGE program.
The second bans Accutane 20mg from being prescribed to women who are either pregnant or are able to become pregnant.
The FDA also cautions people who use Accutane 20mg that it can cause serious skin reactions, some of which can be life threatening.
9. You should not take Accutane 20mg if you are:
- Pregnant or planning on getting pregnant
- Allergic to isotretinoin or any other ingredients found in the drug
- Allergic to soybean oil
10. Talk to your doctor before taking Accutane 20mg if you have:
- Certain mood or mental conditions
- Bone cancer
- Soft or brittle bones and are prone to bone breaks (osteomalacia or osteoporosis)
- Diabetes mellitus
- High cholesterol
11. Precaution of Accutane 20mg Capsule
Accutane 20mg can cause severe birth defects and miscarriages. It should never be taken during pregnancy.
Accutane 20mg passes into breast milk, so it also isn't safe to take while breastfeeding.
12. Accutane 20mg Dosage
Your doctor prescribes your dose and course of treatment based on your body weight. Take Accutane 20mg quickly with a full glass of water, which prevents it from lodging in your esophagus and irritating it. Some brands should be taken with food or milk.
13. Safety information about Accutane 20mg
The following are the results of on-going survey for Accutane 20mg Capsule. These results only indicate the perceptions of the website users. Please base your medical decisions only on the advice of a doctor or a registered medical professional.
14. Uses of Accutane 20mg
Accutane 20mg Capsule is used in the treatment of acne.
15. Storage of Accutane 20mg
Store at normal room temperature. Keep reach out from children and pets. Keep tied container closely after use.