Equivalent: NoGeneric: PrednisoloneManufactured by: Pfizer LtdEquivalent: N/AGeneric: AzithromycinManufactured by: Ajanta PharmaEquivalent: Xalatan Eye DropsGeneric: Latanoprost + Benzalkonium ChlorideManufactured by: Cipla Inc.Equivalent: AzoptGeneric: Brinzolamide opthalmic suspensionManufactured by: Alcon LaboratoriesEquivalent: CyclosporineGeneric: CyclosporineManufactured by: Sun PharmaEquivalent: TrusoptGeneric: DorzolamideManufactured by: Cipla Inc.Equivalent: CosoptGeneric: Dorzolamide + TimololManufactured by: Cipla Inc.Equivalent: LatisseGeneric: Bimatoprost Opthalmic SolutionManufactured by: AllerganEquivalent: Xalatan Eye DropsGeneric: Latanoprost + Benzalkonium ChlorideManufactured by: N/AEquivalent: LatisseGeneric: Bimatoprost Opthalmic SolutionManufactured by: Ajanta PharmaEquivalent: LatisseGeneric: Bimatoprost Opthalmic SolutionManufactured by: Ajanta PharmaEquivalent: MoisolGeneric: HPMC DropManufactured by: N/AEquivalent: LatisseGeneric: Bimatoprost Opthalmic SolutionManufactured by: Sun PharmaEquivalent: ZoconGeneric: FluconazoleManufactured by: Sun PharmaEquivalent: VigamoxGeneric: MoxifloxacinManufactured by: Sun PharmaEquivalent: ChibroxinGeneric: NorfloxacinManufactured by: Cipla Inc.Equivalent: TobraDex STGeneric: Tobramycin + DexamethasoneManufactured by: Sun PharmaEquivalent: AktobGeneric: TobramycinManufactured by: Sun PharmaEquivalent: zymaxidGeneric: Gentamycin Sulph.Manufactured by: N/AEquivalent: ZaditenGeneric: Ketotifen FumarateManufactured by: Sun PharmaEquivalent: LatisseGeneric: Bimatoprost Opthalmic SolutionManufactured by: Sun PharmaEquivalent: AlrexGeneric: LoteprednolManufactured by: Sun PharmaEquivalent: Tear DropsGeneric: Carboxymethylcellulose SodiumManufactured by: Sun PharmaEquivalent: ProfenacGeneric: Diclofenac Sodium - MisoprostolManufactured by: Cipla Inc.Equivalent: CosoptGeneric: Dorzolamide + TimololManufactured by: Sunways IndiaEquivalent: PatanolGeneric: Olopatadine HclManufactured by: Sun PharmaEquivalent: PatanolGeneric: Olopatadine HclManufactured by: N/AEquivalent: ZaditorGeneric: Ketotifen FumarateManufactured by: AllerganEquivalent: CyclosporineGeneric: CyclosporineManufactured by: Sun Pharma
The human eye is organ of vision. A vital organ of vision it plays a very important role not only in life but also the Human body. The eye allows us to see and interpret the shapes, colors, and dimensions of objects in the world by processing the light they reflect or emit.
Diseases and Disorders
- Age-Related Macular Degeneration
- Bulging Eyes
- CMV Retinitis
- Colour blindness
- Crossed eyes (Strabismus)
- Diabetic Macular Oedema
- Eye Floaters and Eye Flashes
- Eyelid Twitching
- Lazy Eye
- Low Vision
- Ocular Hypertension
- Retinal Detachment
Causes and symptoms of common eye health problems
Amblyopia (lazy eye)
the brain will not tolerate double images and will shutdown the vision in the weaker eye. This involuntary loss of vision is called "lazy eye" or amblyopia.
This is the loss of the ability to see close objects or small print clearly. Presbyopia is often corrected with reading glasses. Bifocal glasses permit the wearer to see objects clearly, both near and distant.
These are tiny spots or specks that float across the field of vision.
This happens when tear glands cannot make enough tears or produce poor quality tears. Dry eyes can be uncomfortable, causing itching, burning or, rarely, some loss of vision.
Having too many tears can come from being sensitive to light, wind or temperature changes. Protecting your eyes by shielding them or wearing sunglasses can sometimes solve the problem.
Cataracts are cloudy areas that develop within the eye lens
Colour blindness is most commonly a disorder of the retina's light-sensitive photoreceptor cells, which respond to different coloured light rays.
The conjunctiva -- the moist, transparent membrane that covers the eyeball and your inner eyelid -- can become inflamed for various reasons. It can cause redness, itching, burning, tearing, discharge or a feeling of something in the eye
The eyelids protect the eye, distribute tears and limit the amount of light entering the eye. Pain, itching, tearing and sensitivity to light are common symptoms of eyelid problems.
This condition develops when there is too much fluid pressure inside the eye. Glaucoma occurs when the normal flow of the watery fluid cannot drain properly.
the disorder is often referred to as age-related macular degeneration (AMD).
Night blindness -- difficulty seeing in dim light -- occurs when rod photoreceptor cells begin to deteriorate. Rods work best in low light.
This condition is an inflammation of the arteries in the temple area of the forehead.
Prevention of eye health issues
1. Find out if you are at higher risk for eye diseases
2. Have regular physical exams to check for diabetes and high blood pressure.
3. Look for warning signs of changes in your vision.
4. Exercise more frequently.
5. Protect your eyes from harmful UV light.
6. Eat a healthy and balanced diet.
7. Get your eyes checked at least every two years.
8. Don't smoke.
Eye Care medicines:
- Acetazolamide for glaucoma (Diamox)
- Aciclovir eye ointment (Zovirax)
- Atropine eye drops (Minims Atropine Sulphate)
- Azelastine eye drops for allergies (Optilast)
- Azithromycin eye drops (Azyter)
- Betamethasone eye drops and eye ointment (Betnesol, Vistamethasone)
- Betaxolol eye drops for glaucoma (Betoptic)
- Bimatoprost eye drops (Lumigan)
- Brimonidine eye drops for glaucoma (Alphagan, Brymont)
- Brinzolamide eye drops for glaucoma (Azopt)
- Bromfenac eye drops (Yellox)
- Carmellose sodium for dry eyes
- Carteolol eye drops for glaucoma (Teoptic)
- Chloramphenicol for eye infections
- Ciprofloxacin eye preparations (Ciloxan)
- Dexamethasone eye drops for inflammation (Maxidex, Minims Dexamethasone; Dexafree, Dropodex)
- Diclofenac eye drops (Voltarol Ophtha)
- Dorzolamide eye drops for glaucoma (Trusopt)
- Fluorometholone eye drops for inflammation (FML)
- Fusidic acid eye drops
- Gentamicin eye drops
- Ketorolac eye drops (Acular)
- Ketotifen eye drops for hay fever (Zaditen)
- Latanoprost eye drops (Xalatan, Monoprost)
- Levofloxacin eye drops (Oftaquix)
- Loteprednol eye drops for inflammation (Lotemax)
- Moxifloxacin for eye infections (Moxivig)
- Nepafenac eye drops (Nevanac)
- Ofloxacin eye drops (Exocin)
- Olopatadine eye drops for hay fever (Opatanol)
- Pilocarpine eye drops for acute glaucoma (Minims Pilocarpine)
- Prednisolone eye drops for inflammation (Predsol, Pred Forte, Minims Prednisolone)
- Timolol eye drops for glaucoma (Timoptol, Tiopex)
- Tobramycin for eye infections (Tobravisc)
- Travoprost eye drops (Travatan)
- Tropicamide eye drops (Mydriacyl, Minims Tropicamide)
Diagnosis of eye
Diagnosis of eye disorders is initially based on the person's symptoms, the appearance of the eyes, and the results of an examination.
- Visual Field Testing
- Color Vision Testing
- Slit-Lamp Examination
Imporve of eye health
14 steps to improve your eyesight.
1. Relax your eyes:
2. Maintain eye moisture
3. Exercise your eyes
4. Enjoy walking
5. Get some sleep
6. Protect your eyes from UV rays
7. Nutritional diet
8. Stay hydrated
9. Eat more vitamin A
10. Avoid room heater
11. Use your computer wisely
12. Take regular breaks
13. Remove eye makeup
14. Regular eye check upEye Care
Minimal Price: $ 1.00 1