1. Buy Famtrex 250mg Online
Famtrex 250mg Tablets are used for the treatment of herpes zoster (shingles), acute treatment of first episode and recurrences of genital herpes infections, and for the suppression of recurrent genital herpes. Generic Famvir is also used to treat recurrent herpes labialis (cold sores). Famtrex Tablets are also used to treat immunocompromised patients with herpes zoster or herpes simplex infections.
The active ingredient present in Famtrex is Famciclovir.
Famciclovir tablets are available as Famvir, Famtrex, Virovir, and other generic brands.
Famtrex tablets are manufactured by Cipla Ltd. in the strengths of 250 mg.
2. To Famtrex 250mg Work?
Famtrex 250mg Tablet is an antiviral medication. It prevents the multiplication of the virus in human cells. Thus stops the virus from producing new viruses.
3. What is Famtrex 250mg Tablet?
Famtrex 250mg Tablet is an antiviral medicine used in the treatment of shingles, a herpes zoster infection which occurs in patients who have had chicken pox in the past. This infection causes pain, burning, and blisters. This medicine is also used to treat or prevent repeat outbreaks of fever, blisters, and cold sores in people with normal immunity and sores formed around genitals and rectum from time to time. It does not cure herpes infection and may not stop the spread of herpes infection to other people.
4. How To Take Famtrex 250mg Tablet?
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Famtrex 250mg Tablet may be taken with or without food, but it is better to take it at a fixed time.
5. Drug interaction of Famtrex 250mg
Interaction with Alcohol
- Description - Interaction with alcohol is unknown. It is advisable to consult your doctor before consumption.
- Instructions - Interaction with alcohol is unknown. It is advisable to consult your doctor before consumption.
Interaction with Medicine
6. Side Effects of Famtrex 250mg
- Elevated liver enzymes
- Nervousness and confusion
- Skin rash and itching
7. Warning of Famtrex 250mg tablet
Do not take Famciclovir tablets if you are allergic to Famciclovir.
Before you start taking this medicine, tell your doctor if you:
- have kidney or liver problems
- have a rare genetic problem with galactose intolerance, a severe lactase deficiency or you do not absorb glucose-galactose (malabsorption)
- take any other medicines and products you use to treat herpes outbreaks
- have probenecid (Probalan)
- Know the medicines you take. Keep a list of them with you to show to your healthcare provider every time you get a new medicine.
8. Precaution of Famtrex 250mg tablet
Always take the complete course of treatment, as advised by your doctor even if you feel better.
Drink plenty of water while on treatment with Famtrex. This helps to prevent kidney stone and kidney damage.
Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems. A dose of your medicine may need to be adjusted.
You should not have sex if you have genital sores or blisters. If you're taking Famtrex for herpes, you should use barrier methods (condoms) when you're having sex since you can still pass it on to other people, even if you're taking the medication.
Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
9. Famtrex 250mg Dosage
- Herpes Zoster Infections In Immunocompetent Adults
The recommended dosage of Famtrex is 250mg three times a day or 500 mg twice a day or 750 mg once a day for seven days for the treatment of the acute phase of herpes zoster. 500 mg three times a day for seven days for the treatment of ophthalmic zoster.
- Herpes Zoster Infections In Immunocompromised Adults
The recommended dosage is 500mg three times daily for ten days. Initiation of treatment has to start preferably as soon as possible after rash onset.
- Herpes Simplex Infections In Immunocompetent Adults
First episode of genital herpes The dosage is 250mg three times daily for five days. The treatment has to be started as soon as possible after onset of lesions.
- Recurrent genital herpes
The dosage is 1000mg twice daily for one day or 125mg twice daily for five days. The recommended initiation of treatment is during the prodromal period or as soon as possible after onset of lesions.
Recurrent Herpes Labialis (Cold Sores) The dosage is 1500mg as a single dose for one day. Starting of treatment is recommended at the earliest sign or symptom of a cold sore (e.g. tingling, itching or burning)
- Herpes Simplex Infections In Immunocompromised Adults
The recommended dose is 500mg twice daily for seven days. Initiation of treatment is recommended as soon as possible after rash onset.
- Suppression Of Recurrent Genital Herpes Infections
The recommended dose is 250mg twice daily. The length of treatment with Generic Famvir depends on the severity of the disease.
Therapy has to be re-evaluated after 12 months in order to observe possible changes in the natural history of the disease. A dose of 500mg twice a day has been shown to be effective in HIV patients.
10. Uses of Famtrex 250mg
Famtrex 250mg Tablet is used in the treatment of herpes labialis, genital herpes infection and herpes zoster.
11. Storage of Famtrex 250mg
Store in a cool, dry place away from the reach of children. - Medicines must not be used past the expiry date.